Monday, February 7, 2011

lady-roars, 4

~ she's a sunshine daydream ~

!!! welcome to lady-roars, 4 ~ !!!
i initiated freeform conversation with fellow women creators about art, identity, and whatever else.

Maro Bizarro is a purple-monster-butterfly-fish somewhere out to sea. She fled from her home (Wisconsin) in early 2008. She resides now (with her puppy) between Athens, Greece and her teeny tiny village on the Corinthian Gulf. Bizarro enjoys making masks and stages, painting, writing, teaching, making movies, taking photos, and cooking.

* * *

I can only tell you that I aspire to use creativity throughout my life, because I don't really like the alternative. I aspire to do everything with love, tastefulness, fun, intuition, and the results so far have been rewarding.

* * *


I do not consider myself an emerging artist, necessarily. I think that I have always just wanted things to be attractive. I have affected some people in my travels who have asked me to work for them in movies, television (special FX), and theatres (makeup FX, set design, and teaching as well). I am emerging each time I impress myself with an awesome idea, or when I find someone else like-minded. I have never thought about a lifelong commitment in doing one thing; I like surprises and change, although I dream that I will always be friends with alginate and paint, film, and other creative people forever.

* * *

what is it like to identify as an artist/creator?


There once was a purple monster butterfly fish. She could do anything. First of all, she was the Earth, but she could flutter through the storms and escape through the roughest seas. Her friends wore stingers and wings, were dressed in scales and shells, and had really come to the most serene rainbows on their journeys. Sometimes however, she transformed her wings into bones, her fins into flesh, with an enormous amount of hair and heat. In this form, she experienced such complex creatures that she preferred to befriend only pleasures. With these components, she was able to relax and smile, make jokes and tell stories, but she was blind. One day, after a long flight, a mosquito ate her wings and she was forced to return to the sea. She gazed at the clouds, at the stars, and at the other fairies and butterflies and reminisced of her times in the heavens. She became so comfortable with only her fish-nature that she slowly forgot the wonders of the sky. She could no longer feel the cool air perpetuate momentum and inertia in her body. Slowly, she even forgot how to breath. She decided to return to the earth for awhile, perhaps for a short visit.

* * *

Well, I am here in Greece now, trying to freelance the f*** out of everything I do, while remaining interested in everything and taking any artistic opportunity I can. I have no idea where I am going? For the moment, I like where I am. This spring, I will take part in a 7-artist collaborative exhibition in Athens. I hope to do more independent exhibitions in the future, as well as participate in the Athens Film Festival.

* * *

I have had support, in some kind of way, from everybody I have probably ever met. I’ve had a lot of apathy as well, which usually left me unaffected, or, oddly inspired. I like support and I like not having support sometimes, too. Both can affect an artist's work quite positively.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Archives: February-June 2017

in this blog article, i share my personal creative work since  SOUL SEED GATHERING  in Guatemala this past February 2017, and through early...