Sunday, February 6, 2011

lady-roars, 1


blue fawn, Jenn Kay

!!! welcome to lady-roars, 1 ~ !!!
i initiated freeform conversation with fellow women creators about art, identity, and whatever else.



My name is Jenn and art has always been significant to me. Growing up I was more into drawing things, usually graphite sketches. Lately, I've been embracing the digital camera revolution and enjoy modeling and taking silly pics of my own. ((Jenn lives in Brooklyn with her man, his pup, and her bunnies.))

Art to me, is like a breath of fresh air. It makes me feel alive and more aware of the world and people around me. Likewise, it can provide an escape from the world. While I have been unable to dedicate as much time as I'd like to my art, I try to incorporate it in my own aesthetic, no matter how subtle it may be. Of course I'll do a photo shoot any chance I get, or do a quick sketch if I have the urge to create.

Since this is how my relationship with art has been over the past couple years, I have a feeling that it will always be with me; I will always be creating, whether it's sporadic or constant. With how hectic things are for me as of late, sporadic creations just seem to be what's working for me right now. Photo shoots also just seem to flow more easily for me as opposed to drawing things. So yes, I believe modeling can be an art if that's the intention behind it. I've also been taking plenty of snap shots lately of the world around me, and while I know that's not really a serious art, I enjoy it because of that aspect.

One of the things that seems to hinder my creative process is a lack of structure. Back when I was in high school, I had a lot of support from teachers and fellow students, and they were a constant factor. That helped a lot in regards to finding the energy to make things happen. Not that I'm saying I don't get any support for any of the art I make now, but it's not a constant thing anymore. My support is now coming from friends who happen to *stumble upon* my creations. Another thing about that that I know holds me back is the networking I personally would need to do to just advertise me. I almost feel like I can't get serious enough to do that, which can be a good and bad thing. I don't mind though, since I view my creations as a visual expression of what I may be feeling, but also part of my escape from this world … and just something fun and silly, even carefree.

Yea, I like how that sounds. Carefree art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Archives: February-June 2017

in this blog article, i share my personal creative work since  SOUL SEED GATHERING  in Guatemala this past February 2017, and through early...