Tuesday, September 5, 2017

dear Facebook,


i'm breaking up with you.


you know, cutie-reader, Facebook has always been a weird playground (forum) for me. Twitter is much more light-hearted, pinterest is just fun, and my blog is my baby, but Facebook stresses me out.

peep$ i love have suggested methods for "better navigating" Facebook ~ 


one friend rarely browses through her newsfeed, cuz it takes up too much of her time, energy, and sensitivities. instead, she goes directly to her page and shares pertinent material for her viewers. 


another friend sets the intention before signing in to see only that which she needs to see, and i imagine her preference is for kind words, funny pics ~ pleasant things, u know?

yet others are accessible or signed-in practically all the time; it's become the most common way we "communicate." i myself much prefer sit-down's with tea and eyeball-contact, at least, when i'm not all-consumed by my introversion. :P


and i may not be great at it with certain folks, but let's talk about communication. it's an art. it can take time to develop, train. it can also come with great ease in certain environments, and with certain dear pals.


also, i *love* the concept of the internet and social media being used for good. 

good communications. good sharing. real sharing.


we have the chance to be so very connected, to talk about the beautiful *AND* ouchy stuff happening in the world, to share our stories, our art, to uplift each other ...


it's just that i personally want to re-route how i use my time for a few focused weeks, and in general.


~ ~ ~ 


i deleted my first-ever account about 5-6 years ago (at a point when i was experiencing a major life-change, which is the case now also) ... and i've also unfriended and unfollowed people with my newer account (not without guilt, but i'm working on that) who are doing sketchy things in the real-world or to my friends. i struggle with this ~ people representing themselves online like everything is peachy, but then being rude out and about. 

one face in public, and jerks online. no puedo ~


i want something more genuine and cohesive. 


for me, it's about quality of communications vs. keeping up for the sake of keeping up. 


also, i do not have FOMO. on the contrary, when i envision myself deleting my current accounts, i feel ssssoooooo relieved. 


am i attached to all the albums and posts i've made? people like it. say they're cute or cool, but the answer is no. the material i am connected to lives on my blog or is backed-up. mami good.


besito,


kelly *


p.s. Facebook has also been a bitch (and not the badass kind) about me posting my work sometimes. my links have been reported before, and were not fixed for months. so, part of my departure is in an effort to support other forums that allow my wholeness, my whole creative vision. meow.


p.p.s. may i also admit that this choice is about self-care? completely.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Archives: February-June 2017

in this blog article, i share my personal creative work since  SOUL SEED GATHERING  in Guatemala this past February 2017, and through early...