obscure offerings ~
* movement 8 of new/mind/ritualz grew darkly experimental. it took place in a special downstairs laboratory in costa rica, where nearby, the beach has black sands. an alien-girl explores concepts of juxtaposed "accessibility" meets "sometimes far-away gazes." ... upon completion of the project, alien-girl is surprised by how many fotos resemble the brooklyn basements in which she performed years back. ~ ~ ~ life-phases bump up against each other, remind. ... soft memories of moments with an ex, subtle pain in regard to a family member, but simultaneously ~ ~ ~ everything is waves y eventually, surrender.
we arrive again.
full moon, sangre, re- ~ ~ ~
new/mind/ritualz is a 56-movement performance art project unfolding one movement at a time until it is completed. check out the archive HERE for an artist's statement and previous installments.
* fotos: jesse artavia of j-art photography
* concepts/styling/make-up: kelly shaw willman
* project copyright 2016-forever, ksw
* shared copyright w/ jesse 4 images, 2016-forever