Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Marina

... thinking of Marina Abramovic in her film, The Artist Is Present. in the beginning, she said something like, "people have called me crazy, have wanted me hospitalized ... and 40 years later, they're finally taking me seriously." 

soapbox x me: i will never stop making and archiving my work ~ it's my gem collection, my reason for navigating life. i think of how many empaths, highly sensitive individuals, compassionate rebels, and artists are so easily (without a second thought) referred to as crazy ~ it's so much easier for people to label vs. really trying to understand what lies deeper ~ often too, there are stories of trauma that are not allowed space for full healing in our modern day "societies." i def believe that part of a greater shift coming forth for the world pays much more respect to folks who create, bring healing, and lead w/ their wild heartz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Archives: February-June 2017

in this blog article, i share my personal creative work since  SOUL SEED GATHERING  in Guatemala this past February 2017, and through early...